Welcome

Welcome to Leaving Brickworld. If you're wondering what this is about, please visit my welcoming post.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Something We Can Do?

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

I notice that these are things we can choose to do. The most difficult for me would probably be choosing to rejoice. However, if I keep in mind that I can trust God, it can make the rejoicing part a little easier, although it's still pretty difficult for me.

The phrase "the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" always catches my attention and curiosity. What does that actually mean? In The Messsage version of the Bible it's stated this way: "This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live." Well, that makes a little more sense, but why does Paul even bring up the "Christ Jesus" part. Why didn't he just say, "this is the will of God for you?" I wonder if Paul was suggesting that if we did not belong to Christ, we would not be able or even willing to try?

1 comment:

Faithpreacher said...

THANKS BIG BROTHER FOR THE LINK!!!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE MORE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment